One of the books I’m reading suggested an exercise of writing ten jokes. I’ve decided that’s today’s homework.
- I came up with one
(that’s the first joke)
- Went to the funeral of the 23rd person to have died since the pandemic. To lose 1 person is a misfortune. To lose 2 is carelessness. To lose 23 is more sadly surreal than a box of salamanders singing sweet nothings to a significant seminary of secondary schoolkids
Maybe that’s why the ideas aren’t coming. My brain is empty.
My brain is:
- as empty as when, having got down to your business, your hand moves to the loo roll and find nothing there.
- as empty as the balls of a nutty neutered nuthatch
- as empty as the star quality of a speed-squashed squirrel ……………. Makes you squirm, eh?
- as empty as the stomach of an ogre on a fast-food- fennel-and-fentanyl diet
- as empty as the balls of a favoured female feline
- as empty as the hopes of a nutty neutered tomcat
- as empty as a vindaloo-eating vulture’s viscera
- as empty as the future of a dashing deer discovering that the light at the end of the tunnel is an explosively onrushing train.